Friday, September 13, 2013

Trending.

I have the dress from the previous post pinned and ready to sew, but Mommy's sewing machine has taken a vacation.  Mommy was nice enough to do some hand sewing around the collar.  I gave it a try, but quickly found out that I'm not very good at the hidden whip stitch.  Looks like it's back to practice remnants for me!

We also took a break to enjoy a visit from Nana, one of my grandmothers.  When family visits, projects take a back seat to all the time and memories we need to have!

We made a decision on the dye, and I'm pretty excited about it!  After long and tiresome internal debate over pink vs. blue (they didn't have the green I wanted, which was my first pick), I went with Ocean Blue by Dylon.  I have plenty of pink dresses, so I felt comfortable switching it up.


We'll see how it goes!  In the meantime, I took a no-sew refashion out on the town, namely to Longwood Gardens.  It's one of my favorite places ever!  I paired my cupcake shirt with white pedal pushers and glittery pink shoes.

I am the queen bee!

I am so happy to be getting every last mile out of that shirt.  What could possibly top cupcakes, polka dots, and bright pink?

Well, hopefully the dress that's in the works. ;-)

Mommy's note: We were fortunate enough to use Nana's camera to snap a few pictures while she was here.  We are now camera-less again for a few more weeks.  Once I have the funds amassed, a camera will be the first purchase! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment