Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Has It Really Been Four Months?!

I can't believe I haven't posted in so long!  So much has happened since then!

My soon-to-be-blue dress is still unfinished.  Once Mommy's sewing machine was fixed, the holidays hit and everything became a blur of homemade gifts, promised projects, and my Christmas dress!

First things first: My Christmas dress.

Mommy likes this pattern.  This was the first dress she made
from it, back in 2011.  It was for Christmas, of course. :-) 


So, naturally, she went with it again, leaving the fabric and color choice up to me.
Red satin, of course! 
Because of misplaced sleeve pieces, Mommy decided we could
do without.  I agreed, but with the insistence that we
add some sparkle to it.  Literally.

Sparkle achieved!  I saw this sweater at Target and could not
live without it!  There are rhinestones on the pockets
and silvery thread in the edging.  It took the dress from ho-hum...

...to being worthy of Christmas cheer!

I also found this easy, elegant hairstyle on Pinterest. 
(Mommy isn't the only Pinterest addict!)

But that's not all!  Daddy's cousin is getting married in February and Nana asked Mommy to help with the 1950's themed bridal shower.  With that, Mommy and I set out to make a fun vintage-style apron for the bride-to-be: 

It's so fun!  I learned a lot about the importance of ironing and
pinning with this project.  Mommy did most of the sewing, since we were in a bit of a hurry, but I'm seriously considering forging one on my own for when I help cook and clean.  Red, polka dots, and lace trim!
What's not to love?!

However, mine will have pockets. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment